Saturday, April 9, 2011

Exciting Times

It has been a while since I have posted anything, but I have been extremely busy with my classes and homework. That being said, I am going to tell you all about my exciting times (from whence I obtain the title of this post.) I am going on a mission trip this summer to a mountainous country (the name of which I will not mention for security reasons) and I am really pumped! But there are a few things about which I am nervous:

1. I am in no mountain-climbing shape.
2. I am not great at sharing my faith. Add a language barrier and that makes everything harder.
3. I don't know that I am spiritually prepared for the attacks that Satan will be sending our way. He hates the spread of God's word.

Now when I look at those fears, I see one word at the beginning of all of them. That word is "I." The thing is, I cannot overcome any of those on my own. I cannot do with God as a side-kick. It has to be God all the way.  So I know I have nothing to fear. Each step I take on the treadmill, each time I open his word,and  each time I am beginning to get nervous I just focus on God.

So, I would love your prayers to be with me in the time coming up to the trip as I try to balance my busy schedule with my exercising and my spiritual life. And I would love your prayers for the trip in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment